12/14/2008

Quotes and Inspiration for BDSM

I must thank the user "Slavecherie" on Fetlife for this amazing post! I have cross-referenced her and other users' BDSM quotes here. Enjoy!

"I would rather enslave my Bride, than marry my Slave."
"Pain is weakness leaving the body."
A dom is only a First among Equals.
"A slave is to be measured from the inside, for it is her soul that is enslaved, her body simply follows... "
"You can't love someone the way You need to love them. You have to love them the way the they need to be loved."
"All is as it should be."
How can I submit if you don't see me as an equal?
Rich the treasure, Sweet the pleasure,Sweet is pleasure after pain. -- Dryden

Sometimes it is harder to deprive oneself of a pain than of a pleasure -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

All the world's a cage. -- Jeanne Phillips
When you go see a woman, don't forget to bring the whip. -- Nietzche
It is not enough to conquer; One must know how to seduce -- Voltaire

The great art of life is to feel that we exist even in...Pain
A dom is not a dom because he is better; he is better because you let him be.
Perhaps Love is the process of my leading you gently back to yourself. -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
"I'm not a painslut, I'm a pain appreciatrix."

"True submission is of value because of what the sub offers-- to suspend a strong will for a time to the will of the Dom."

"Il faut souffrir pour etre belle" (old French proverb, translated means "One must suffer to be beautiful")
"If you are going to suffer, do it magnificently."
Life is too short to lie to yourself.
"‘Come to the edge’, he said. They said, ‘We are afraid’. ‘Come to the edge’, he said. They came. He pushed them… And they flew." -Guillaume Apollinaire

"I said to the Man who stood at the gate of the year: 'Give me a light, that I may tread safely into the unknown.' And he said to me, 'Go out into the darkness and put your hand into the hand of God. That will be better than a light, and safer than any known way."
-- Minnie Louise Haskins
“I, with a deeper instinct, choose a man who compels my strength, who makes enormous demands on me, who does not doubt my courage or my toughness, who does not believe me naive or innocent, who has the courage to treat me like a woman.”
A sub with a safeword is a Domme on her knees.
"This land is mine and I let you rule I let you navigate on demand Just as long as you know…this land is mine" - Dido
I would rather light a candle than curse the darkness - Elenore Rosevelt
There is no more lively sensation than that of pain; its impressions are certain and dependable, they never deceive as may those of the pleasure women perpetually feign and almost never experience. --Marquis de Sade
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me.
“It is within the experience of everyone that when pleasure and pain reach a certain intensity they are indistinguishable” ~Arnold Bennet~

“Pleasure and pain, though directly opposite are contrived to be constant companions.” ~Pierre Charron~
"Pain and pleasure, like light and darkness, succeed each other." ~Laurence Sterne~
Pains of love be sweeter far than all the other pleasures are'" ~John Dryden~
Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. ~Gibran Kahil~
"Never a lip is curved with pain That can't be kissed into smiles again." ~Bret Harte~
"I saw an angel ttrapped in marble and I carved to set her free." -Michaelangelo
"I'm not a masochist... I just like experience. If it's new, it's interesting... Really, I'm just easily bored."
“Remember that pain has this most excellent quality. If prolonged it cannot be severe, and if severe it cannot be prolonged.” Seneca
"Only death goes deeper than sex." - Mason Cooley
"He who wishes to be obeyed must know how to command." - Machiavelli
"Never waste a really good threat." Laurel K. Hamilton as Anita Blake
"He's so proper. I want to rip his clothes off and lick him until he forgets his manners."

"I like other people's fear. Does that make me a sadist?" "No. That makes you a dentist. The two are easily confused." - Unknown

"The sexiest thing in the world is whatever is going to happen next, when the only thing you know about it, is that there is nothing you can do about it." ~unknown

No comments: